United Solutions, founded in 2003, is a progressive company that helps people do extraordinary things with innovative technology. We are building technology to reinvent management, reimagine workforce, and rethink how business and government work together to create social impact.
We have been recognized as Montgomery County’s Small Business of the Year, two years in a row, for our growth, innovation, and community engagement. We were also awarded SmartCEO’s Cornerstone Award, a prestigious award given to companies that have made a positive impact on job creation and retention, market competition, and philanthropy. Last, but not least, we were featured in Washington Business Journal's Coolest Office Spaces, showcasing our innovative culture and workspace.
United Solutions has always been committed to protecting the environment and reducing our carbon footprint. We have fostered a green office space and a culture that values environmentally-friendly practices at work and at home. At United Solutions, we are dedicated to reducing waste, recycling, purchasing green products, increasing energy and water efficiency, and reducing our environmental impact of travel and transportation.
Some of the highlights of United Solutions’ green practices include:
- Developing a comprehensive set of environmental policies regarding waste reduction and recycling, environmentally preferable purchasing, energy and water use, and transportation and travel.
- Implementing a Continuous Improvement Plan (CIP) that sets three-year goals and establishing sustainability metrics to monitor our progress.
- Creating a Green Team to lead our sustainability efforts.
- Posting signs at the office to encourage sustainable behavior and practices.
- Hosting events to share our green progress with other organizations and encourage them to pursue sustainability goals.
- Educating employees and customers about our recycling and waste reduction programs, as well as our efforts to buy recycled supplies and materials.
- Recycling mixed paper, cans, bottles, etc.
- Donating our old computers.
- Creating a green purchasing plan and purchasing office products with recycled content.
- Providing Fair Trade certified coffee to our employees and guests.
For additional information about United Solutions, please visit our website (www.unitedsolutions.biz).