Honest Tea creates and promotes delicious, truly healthy, organic beverages. We strive to grow with the same honesty we use to craft our products, with sustainability and great taste for all. We brew the nation’s best-selling organic bottled teas, supporting the growth of sustainable agriculture through the purchase of millions of pounds of organic ingredients from countries around the world.
- In 2000, Honest Tea was the first U.S. manufacturer to introduce an organic certified bottled tea, and all Honest beverages are USDA certified organic. This means beverages are produced without the use of chemicals or pesticides – protecting the earth, the people harvesting the tea leaves and those drinking the tea.
- In 2003, Honest Tea was the first U.S. manufacturer to introduce a Fair Trade certified bottled tea. Honest Tea now offers 12 Fair Trade certified products which ensures that workers on tea estates receive a fair share of profits and that the estate complies with specific criteria set to ensure equality and fairness.
- In 2009, Honest Tea introduced a new plastic bottle which is 22% lighter than comparable packages, a change which should decrease Honest Tea’s consumption of resin by more than one million pounds and reduce each truckload by 500 pounds.
- Headquarter Offices
- Honest Tea headquarters were designed with sustainable elements such as: bamboo floors, reclaimed brick, windows that open, recycled glass and concrete kitchen counters, CFL lighting, used furniture and showers so employees can bike or run to work.
- Honest Tea’s kitchen includes a compost bucket for food scraps.
- Honest Tea is enrolled in the Montgomery County’s Fair Share program that provides subsidies for employees taking public transportation.
- Honest Tea provides employees a wellness coach free of charge to support and help meet health goals through the year
- Each Honest Tea marketing team drives a Saturn VUE hybrid to decrease emissions and gas consumption
- In 2009, Honest Tea partnered with the Sierra Club to raise environmental awareness. A portion of sales from specially marked bottles benefited Sierra Club.
- Honest Tea is a Founding Sponsor of Bethesda Green, the local sustainability initiative, leading a variety of projects, including the installation of recycling bins throughout downtown Bethesda.
- Honest Tea was named one of The Better World Shopping Guide’s “Ten best companies on the planet” based on their overall social and environmental record
- Honest Tea recently received Greenopia.com’s coveted 4-Leaf Rating as “the greenest beverage company”