Calvert Investments is an investment management company that offers mutual funds and separate accounts to institutional investors, retirement plans and financial intermediaries. By combining rigorous analysis with independent thinking, our disciplined approach to money management goes beyond traditional factors in order to manage risk and to identify investment opportunities with greater long-term potential.
Although our roots are firmly planted locally, Calvert is a globally recognized leader in the area of sustainable and responsible investing (SRI). Therefore, it is not surprising that we incorporate the same environmental, social, and governance practices in our own business practices every day. Our corporate culture reflects this. An internal corporate social responsibility team exists to share new ideas, facilitate best practices, and encourage action
Recently, Calvert secured commitments to “go green” from its landlord as part of a new lease agreement in which the landlord will:
- Use commercially reasonable efforts to obtain LEED existing building certification.
- Establish a dedicated area for recycling.
- Provide additional secure bicycle storage should Calvert need it.
- Specify that the janitorial service provider comply with Green Seal GS-37 standards.
- Replace all 32 watt T8 bulbs with high efficiency 28 watt T8 bulbs and all high intensity fixtures with LEDs; install photocells and/or motion sensors in all hallways, offices, and certain stairwells.
- Install new Green Guard Certified carpeting
- Replace bathroom fixtures to achieve water use reductions, which may include low flow toilets and sinks.
- Encourage tenants to take the Energy Star Pledge.