CNSI delivers a broad range of health information technology (IT) enterprise solutions and customizable products to a diverse base of federal and state agencies. We align, build and manage innovative, high-quality, cost-effective solutions that help clients achieve their mission, enhance business performance and improve the health for over 28 million Americans. Formed in 1994, CNSI is headquartered in Rockville, Maryland, with locations throughout the U.S. and India.
Environmental Stewardship is a key pillar in our Corporate Social Responsibility Program, iCare. We want sustainability to be a part of our culture and business model, not just a top-down directive. As a result, we convened a Green Council comprised of employees and managers from all functional areas to serve as an advisory group to improve our overall sustainability practices. The Council drafts and presents guidelines that influence decision-making and habits to align with the company’s goals on energy use, water reduction and recycling, and purchasing.
Overall, our green practices span across several lines of business including but not limited to:
- Energy Savings Performance Contracting (ESPC)
- Sustainability Consulting
- Preferred Vendor List with Sustainable Practices
- Supplier Management Vendor Request Form with Sustainability Requirement
- Facility Improvement and Optimization Projects - heating and cooling
- Lighting design and implementation
In addition, CNSI encourages our staff to participate in green efforts including:
- Annual E-Cycling Event (over 2,200 pounds of electronics were brought in)
- Annual Computer Supply Donation (over 50 units were donated to local organizations to replace their aging equipment)
- Terrace Gardening Workshops
- Tree Planting Events
Lastly, as part of our 2017 efforts, we created and implemented our Sustainability Plan for our employees to use as guidelines for improving in-office and at-home environmental practices. Highlights include:
- Encouraging staff to take public transportation, carpool or use bike/walk transit methods
- Using green cleaning materials
- Practicing responsible purchasing for all office products and supplies
- Providing dishes and mugs in the office in lieu of disposable cups
We are very proud of our Sustainability Efforts and to join the growing number of quality firms in the Montgomery County Green Business Certification Program.