AECOM Fast Facts
- US$17.4 billion of revenue during fiscal year 2016
- Ranked #1 in Engineering News Record‘s “Top 500 Design Firms” for 8th consecutive year
- Named one of Fortune magazine’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” for the third consecutive year
AECOM has a global network of experts working with clients, communities and colleagues to develop and implement innovative solutions to the world’s most complex challenges.
We connect expertise across services, markets, and geographies to deliver transformative outcomes. Worldwide, we design, build, finance, operate and manage projects and programs that unlock opportunities, protect our environment and improve people’s lives.
As a global company, AECOM recognizes our expansive footprint and focuses on practices that reduce energy consumption and waste. We have implemented a sustainability data management system to better track and analyze data to enable continuous improvement. AECOM has launched initiatives to decrease energy, consolidated our physical footprint by nearly 10 percent year-over year and committed to significantly reducing our greenhouse gas emissions by 2020.
Here in our Germantown, Maryland office, our commitment to sustainability goes beyond meeting client requirements and complying with environmental rules and regulations. The AECOM Germantown Green Team has established a mission to incorporate the principles of sustainability into our daily activities to minimize the environmental impact of our operations, to optimize the use of resources, to build positive relationships with our communities, and to promote a healthy and productive work environment.
Our green practice spans across several of our business lines and include a wide variety of services including, but not limited to the following:
- Energy Savings Performance Contracting (ESPC)
- Energy efficient major renovation and new construction
- Commissioning services
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)
- Demand management plus demand response
- Sustainability consulting
- Innovative financial solutions
- Energy master planning
- Supply side energy analysis
- Cogeneration, distributed generation and renewable energy
- Facility improvement and optimization projects - heating and cooling
- Lighting design and implementation
- Watershed Assessments
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan and Training
- Natural Resources Assessments
- Environmental Impact Assessment and Permitting