extendYoga, is a North Bethesda-based yoga studio. Formed in the state of Maryland in 2011. extendYoga’s guiding principles are social responsibility, a commitment to giving back and caring for the environment. We participate in worthy charities and organizations, frequently offer cause-related classes and events and strive to make yoga accessible by offering consciously affordable classes. We extend a warm welcome to all that come through our door. We are a community that is accessible to everyone – all ages, body types, ability, and experience. Our spacious, serene sanctuary is home to an active, engaged and vibrant community. We believe in fostering a positive, nurturing environment that challenges individuals to extend themselves through mind, body and soul.
As an environmentally conscious studio, we are committed to reducing our footprint on the planet by practicing in several green efforts.
Highlights of green practices at extendYoga include:
- We run on 100% wind power provided by Ethical Electric.
- We are a proud Trees For the Future member. Meaning?– we happily plant one tree for every full price class package purchased at extendYoga.
- We are an EPA Green Power Partner. As a partner, we are helping support the development of new renewable generation capacity nationwide while also helping protect the environment.
- We keep our studio green and clean, but we also keep our roads clean! By being a part of the Montgomery County Adopt A Road (AAR) program, we clean our adopted road at least six times a year and help reduce trash and litter along County roads and maintain a clean environment.
What do our daily Eco-friendly & green operations/procedures entail?
- at least 80% of our cleaning products are Eco-friendly
- wet and dry recycling is utilized daily
- we don’t print receipts (don’t worry, we’ll email it to you!)
- we print as little as we need to, use both sides, recycle paper/use for scrap and once we are done- all paper is recycled
- ink cartridges are repeatedly refilled rather than replaced
- local and Eco-friendly items (like yoga mats, towels, clothing, jewelry, beauty products, etc) are sold within the studio
- energy efficient HVAC systems and LED lighting are used throughout the space
- we launder our rental towels in a high efficiency washer/dryer and with green/Eco-friendly detergent
- avoid vampire energy: appliances/electronics are unplugged at closing each day
- timers are used on outdoor lighting to save energy
12106 Wilkins Ave.
North Bethesda, MD 20852