The Washington Office has been operating successfully since 1984, and is currently managing over $450 million worth of construction in the Metropolitan area. The office is centrally positioned to manage its geographical service area, which includes Virginia, Washington, DC, Maryland, and their surrounding regions.
The office provides a full range of construction services including construction management, general contracting, program management, project management, design/build, and consulting services. Currently, 100 professionals provide preconstruction, construction, and administration services for our clients and projects. The office’s core market sectors consist of commercial office, mixed-use, education (university and K-12), healthcare, federal government, cultural, multi-family residential, retail, hospitality, and historic preservation.
The principles of sustainability have always defined the way Lend Lease does business, and they matter more today than ever. Our approach is grounded by sustainability aspirations across environmental, social and economic categories. We use effective governance, clearly defined global standards and regular reviews to prevent pollution. Rather than shying away from environmental restoration we welcome it as an opportunity to innovate, to evolve and improve. Now and into the future, we strive to do meaningful work that protects our natural environment, supports responsible economic growth and improves the quality of people's lives.
Sustainable practices at Lend Lease include:
- An overarching goal to meet the aspiration of being net-zero waste, water and energy in our office tenancies.
- Monthly environmental reporting from every office (including project offices).
- Written standards for recycling, materials and purchasing, cleaning, food service, energy and equipment, and travel.
- A team of more than 13% of the staff dedicated to our sustainability efforts.
- 25% of staff has LEED Accreditation or other green professional certification.
- 2020 Commitments in Sustainability, reducing carbon and fostering social sustainability wherever we operate
- Office-wide digital monthly reports tracking progress toward completion of goals in goal plan.
- Sustainability stand-downs are held at jobsites to make employees aware of our efforts on a regular basis.
- 100% recycled content in copy/print paper.
- Software on every employees’ computer to maximize power saving opportunities and control PC behavior and minimize energy use.
- Occupancy sensors in all open offices.
- All cleaning products are non-toxic, biodegradable, or are Green Seal Certified, EcoLogo Certified or designated with an EPA Design for the Environment label.
- Separate bins for recycling located at each desk and office as well as in the Kitchens/Break Rooms.