As an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, HFH-MC seeks to reduce substandard housing by providing a hand-up rather than a handout to help families realize the dream of homeownership. Working in partnership with families, HFH-MC volunteers build, rehabilitate, weatherize and repair homes for low-income families in Montgomery County, Maryland.
HFH-MC supports the notion that good, stable housing matters for neighborhoods. Better quality of living leads to stronger citizens and families. Habitat for Humanity is about changing lives, one home at a time.
Habitat for Humanity of Montgomery County, MD is committed to minimizing the impact of its activities on the environment. To this end, HFH-MC has developed a green initiative to help propel the organization towards achieving this commitment.
HFH-MC’s green initiative promotes:
- Minimizing waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible
- Actively promoting reduce, reuse and recycling techniques both internally and amongst HFH-MC’s customers, donors, and volunteers
- Meeting or exceeding all state and federal environmental requirements
- Measuring HFH-MC’s impact on the environment and setting targets for ongoing improvement
- Implementing basic training programs for HFH-MC staff and enlisting their support in improving the organizations performance
- Sharing HFH-MC’s experiences and successes with its customers, donors, and volunteers