Family & Nursing Care specializes in helping older adults get the most out of life. Whether it is a caregiver to help with activities of daily living, a nurse to assist with more skilled needs, or a licensed massage therapist to ease aches and pains or the symptoms of an illness, Family & Nursing Care meets each client’s individual situation.
Family & Nursing Care believes that we all can contribute to protecting the environment through good stewardship practices. In order to be responsible stewards, the Company has implemented the following initiatives and encourages all employees to take additional actions as they see fit.
- Recycle: We recycle glass, aluminum, used paper, office paper, cardboard, select plastic, plastic bags, and metals.
- Reuse and Reduce: We provide reusable containers in the kitchen for employees to use for leftovers instead of plastic wrap, aluminum foil, or baggies. Employees are also encouraged to reduce their use of plastic or paper grocery and restaurant carry-out bags by using reusable cloth/fabric bags instead.
- Use reusable and recycled products when feasible: We provide reusable kitchen supplies (glasses, plates, silverware, etc.) and purchase paper goods made from post-consumer waste when feasible (copy paper, marketing materials, napkins, paper towels, etc.)
- Buy ENERGY STAR® Equipment: We buy ENERGY STAR® rated equipment when available.
- Power Down Equipment: We encourage employees to shut off or place in energy saving mode at the end of the day all computers devices to reduce the use of electricity.
- Print Double-Sided/Front and Back: Our printer and copiers are programmed to duplex. When existing copiers need to be replaced, it is company policy for all new copiers and printers to come equipped with the duplex printing feature.
- Go Paperless: We use online communications and digital documentation as much as possible and encourage employees to reduce their paper consumption.
- Use Recyclable Print Cartridges: When possible, we use recyclable and/or remanufactured toner cartridges and take them to a recycling center.
- Recycle Computers and Electronics: We recycle computers and other electronics and their accessories.
- Reduce Junk Mail: We encourage employees to stop unwanted mail such as solicitations, catalogs, credit card offers, etc.
- Motion sensor controlled lights: Almost all of the lights in our office are motion controlled to save energy.
- Energy Efficient Lighting: We use energy-efficient light bulbs where possible.
- Non-toxic Personal Care/Cleaning Products: We supply non-toxic, cruelty-free personal care products and cleaning products for general office use.
- Pass Green Along: We send weekly Green Tips to educate our staff about how each of us can reduce our footprint.
- Buy from Eco-Friendly Companies: We purchase goods and services from eco-friendly companies at every opportunity.