Pioneer Building Services (Pioneer Services) is committed to contributing to the efforts of environmental awareness, conservation and healthier indoor environments. To that effort, Pioneer Services has initiated a green, healthy cleaning policy following guidelines that comply with the Green Seal Standard 42 (Environmental Standard for Cleaning Services) as well as LEED O&M Standards for High Performance Cleaning and Custodial Effectiveness. Green, healthy cleaning procedures and policies are based on the following principles:
- To reduce, as economically and technologically possible, the environmental impacts associated with the use of products and equipment utilized during the cleaning of interior spaces.
- Cleaning for health without harming the environment.
- Environmental stewardship: shared responsibility among building management, occupants and building service providers in reducing impacts on health and the environment.
- Green, healthy cleaning to provide a safer, healthier environment that promotes productivity, decreases absenteeism and increases feelings of well-being and comfort for building occupants and employees.
- Sustainable policies and procedures to insure continued programs that promote healthy cleaning and reduced environmental impact.
Core Practice Requirements
To accomplish these goals, we have instituted the following items as core practice requirements:
- Maintenance and use plan for powered equipment
- Products and supplies
- Cleaning procedures and requirements
- Hand Hygiene
- Monitoring and Inspection
- Employee Health and Safety
Our first account (which we still service today) was 1325 East-West Highway, a 285,000 square foot commercial office building and headquarters to NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association) in Downtown Silver Spring, Maryland. Pioneer has grown from a small service provider operating one account into a midsized contractor with 90+ accounts stretching all across the Washington Metropolitan Area. At Pioneer, every client is unique and special. Our focus is to grow each relationship and account, one at a time. We remain committed to building on our culture of excellence for the benefit of our clients, our employees and our buildings.