Village Green Apothecary is an integrative pharmacy that has served the community with traditional and alternative wellness resources for 50 years. Our expert team includes pharmacists, nutritionists, naturopathic doctors, and clinical herbalists who can provide customized solutions to optimize your health goals. Our customers have a strong interest in personal health and wellness, and share in our commitment to support sustainability and environmentally responsible efforts.
At Village Green we are committed to making sure our company maintains the lowest possible impact on our planet. We believe that small steps add up, and that everyone can help make a difference.
- We are one of few facilities where customers can safely dispose of unwanted and expired drugs using the TakeAway™ Environmental Return System at our store. This is a smart and environmentally responsible way to keep over-the-counter and prescription medications from ending up in the Chesapeake Bay and other waterways.
- We purchase 100% wind power to lessen the use of fossil fuels for electricity.
- We are a frequent participant in the Green Festival when it is held in Washington, DC.
- We are a supporting member of Bethesda Green, and proud to be a Green America “Gold” Certified Business.
- We carry high-quality nutritional supplements and personal care products from companies dedicated to sustainability and safe sourcing including Nordic Naturals, Jarrow Formulas, MegaFood, New Chapter, Bluebonnet, Himalaya, Rainbow Light, Gaia, Dr. Hauschka, and Aubrey Organics.
- Both our store and our nationwide mail-order service use recycled ink cartridges and recycled paper for printed materials, plus we re-use boxes and packing materials for shipping orders.
- Our store in Bethesda is furnished with eco-friendly materials and energy saving lighting systems.